Thursday, January 14, 2010

Internet Safety

Online people are exposed to many things. Some people use this as a good thing, but some use it as a way to make fun of or say hurtful things to people. Some things people say drive people to suicide. In my opinion(not to sound mean) I don't think that is the greatest option ever. I kind of think that suicide is selfish. I say this because you have the gift of live, and you just waste it on something like words. A couple weeks ago I got a message on MySpace from some person I don't know calling me a freak, but it didn't hurt me at all. I understand that what people say is hurtful, but it's not a reason to hurt yourself. If someone kills them self for the news report after it, what’s the point if you're dead? Plus I don't think social networks were made for people to go on and talk trash about people. Telling someone on line seems like it's ok but it's not. Why would you talk trash to some one online if you can't do it in person. I think if a person has time to go on and write something hurtful to someone they need a life. Seriously don't they have something better to do? For someone to read something like "We'd be better off if you weren’t around" isn't needed. Also I've notice people are saying stuff like "No more MySpace", but while I was watching the video shouldn't people try to get rid of the how to committee suicide and the other ones. I think I learned that you can go on the internet and have fun, but you should be careful who you talk to. I don’t think parents should always be checking your accounts, but maybe once and a while they should so they know that their child is safe. I've also learned that people should be careful of the pictures they post. Some creepy person could have saved it to their hard rive and just do stuff with it. I think it is smart for some kids to wait until they're 13 or 14 to create an account to some internet place. Being on the internet is fun, but not when you put yourself in danger or anything else. I think that parents shouldn’t have to worry as much as they do and they should learn to trust their children, and I think the children need to be more careful and make sure they don’t get into any bad situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment